Thursday 9 January 2014

Introductions

Greetings world. My name is Dougie and in case there is any confusion that is Dougie pronounced "dug-eee"... Ridiculous that this needs to be clarified I know but there are some...

I am a lover of music. Tribal, folk, baroque, classical, romantic, gospel, blues, jazz, hip-hop, funk, reggae, rock and roll, heavy metal, thrash, pop, techno, .... Whatever it is, there will be some version of it that gets me going.

Oh and for you music-freaks out there; yes I did put the list more or less in chronological order.

So, what follows will be a blog of musical review and discussion, with some interesting facts thrown in here and there. Please feel free to post suggestions for things to review and comment on anything I write. (Also if you find any spelling or grammatical errors in what I write please do alert me and take enjoyment from my embarrassment and shame by drawing attention to it in the comments for all to see.)

I will begin with an upcoming history of hip-hop and its oh-so-surprising origins!

PS: Please note that that is "its" without an apostrophe ;). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment